Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Alive

2 Jan 2007

Scripture:
"The Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his mouth the breath of life, and the man became a living being." (Gen 2:7)

The combination of dust (natural) and divine breath (spiritual) is what constitutes the nature of humanity who are created in the image of God. God desires us to be physically alive as well as spiritually alive.

To be physically alive means that our soul/spirit is in union with our bodies. To be spiritually alive means that our soul/spirit is in union with God.

O Lord, may I be physically alive as well as spiritually alive.

Ephesians 2 v1-10:
Oh Lord, thank you for making me alive together with Christ. By grace, I have been saved, not by works or my own merit. Thank you for the faith given to me. I pray for those who are lost, that they will also have faith to believe that Christ is the Saviour and He is the Way to everlasting life.

Lord, I am your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared beforehand, that I should walk in them. Grant that I will be obedient to the Holy Spirit's leading at home, in school and in public.

No comments: