Sunday, January 21, 2007

Being Meek

21 Jan 2007

Scripture:
"A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention."
Proverb 15 v 18

I realised that I was still harbouring some negative feelings over the incident that happened in school. Upon reflection, I think I was angry that there wasn't a chance for me to express my thoughts and I would very much like to see that I was right in my judgement. It is pride in the working. O Lord, I want to expose this pride in me. Forgive me for harbouring anger and pride. Indeed, I am a hot-tempered man and I need your water to douse my hot-headedness.

I ask for your Holy Spirit to tame me and change my temperament. Let me be like a dove that seeks to have peace. Today, I just remembered that my name "Jonah" has some links to 'dove' and I believe that it is a reminder from you that I should be slow to anger. Let me not take up any opportunity to stir up strife or to champion my cause. Grant that I will still do my utmost for the school and for the students. Help me O Lord to be humble and to submit to authority.

In Jesus Name, I pray.
Amen.

No comments: