18 Jan 2007 (Thur)
Scripture:
May we have forgiveness for our sins, as we make free all those who are in debt to us. And let us not be put to the test. (Luk 11:4)
The past two days hasn't been good. First, it was a difference in opinions with the my boss about how we should handle the funding for the China trip on Wedensday. Second, it was some exchange of words with my mum early this morning. I really wonder if it was a backlash spiritually cos I prayed quite a lot on Monday night.
Whatever it may be, I seem to have hit some bad patches recently and my carnal nature started to rear its head. Work issues aside, the main problem is still my lack of patience with my mum and her perceived "black face" that I showed her.
O Lord, this has also been a source of tension between my mum and I. I have released this issue to you last year and this time I have been tested again. Sorry for failing to 'love' my mum with the patience of God. I allowed myself to retort her, knowing fully well that this argument is going to start if I don't control myself. O Lord, grant that I can have more self control in future.
Fortunately, this time I have attempted to say sorry first. Thank God, everything's fine now. O Lord, just as you have given me strength to apologise, continue to help me humble myself, even though I still think that I have some grounds to be angry.
Satan! Get away from me! I have scored a victory over my pride between my mum and I. You will no longer have a hold on me in this aspect of my life. Thank you Lord, and I pray that you'll help me to safeguard this humility that I want to have before my mum.
Now, back to work problems. Lord, please guard my ways and not allow my logical mindset and quest for some form of certainty cause too much confrontation. O Lord, help me to learn to know when not to step into other people's boundaries. I ask God for your divine intervention and leading. In Jesus Name, I pray.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment