Friday, January 12, 2007

Dying to self and live

12 Jan 2007

Scripture:
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.
(John 11v25)

Jesus was the one who spoke the words above. He had died physically on the cross to atone for our sins. Three days later, he resurrected. His resurrection signified his victory over death. In return, he gave us his holy spirit. Just like the creation story, the breathe of God came and we lived. Jesus' resurrection gave us eternal life in Him.

The spiritual life that God had intended for man was lost when Adam and Eve fell. Howover, Jesus came to give us the spirtual life by giving away his physical life. Doesn't this remind us that we need to constantly die to ourselves in order to align our wills to those of God?

What are some aspects of my life that needs to be sacrificed to the Lord? Am I willing to submit my will to the Lord? Am I willing to submit my desires and hopes and aspirations to the Lord?

Lord, all I can say for now is a prayer of thanksgiving, for a life that is directly by Christ. My prayer is for your spirit to direct, lead and guide me to the narrow path that leads to life. Let not my human mind and will take over what the Holy Spirit intends to do in my life. Reveal the areas in my life that needs to be brought before you and sacrificed and grant me the strength to do it. Give me the faith to believe that you will give me in return many times better than what I had offered to you.

In Jesus name.
Amen.

No comments: