13 Jan 2007
Scripture:
... God is light and in him there is nothing dark. If we say we are joined to him, and are walking still in the dark, our words are false and our acts are untrue. But if we are walking in the light, as he is in the light, we are all united with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son makes us clean from all sin. (1 John 1 v 5-7)
Some learning points from my bible study:
1. Our sins are forgiven because Christ died for them.
2. Confessing our sins is an attempt for us to be in moral agreement with God, so that we walk in the light.
Never have the wrong idea that confessing that we have sinned means that we are forgiven. It isn't so. By God's grace, he has forgiven us our sins because Christ had borne all of them upon himself when he was nailed to the cross. Our response is not to continue to be in sin and walk out of it. Easier said than done, it seems.
Sin is pleasurable, as many can testify to that. The choice is really ours to determine if we are for God or against God, whether we want to submit to God or resist God's rule in us.
O Lord, deal with me in the innermost being. May my will and attitudes be in line with yours. Change whatever mindsets that are wrong in your eyes and allow me to see things in your perspective. As I understand more of your thoughts for me and my future, allow me to submit more towards you, for I believe that your thoughts for me are for good and not for worse.
I continue to hold fast to the promise you have given me years ago.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord ..." (Jeremiah 29 v 11 -- 14)
Lord, as I seek you, reveal your glory to me. Reveal your heart and your thoughts to me. Reveal your plans to me, I pray in the mighty name of Jesus.
Amen!
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment