10 Jan 2007
Scripture:
"Meaningless! Meaningless! ... Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless." (Eccles 1 v2)
According to the bible study material I am reading, these words were written by Solomon when he sought to find purpose and meaning in life independent of God and these were his conclusions of a life without God.
How has my life taken on new meaning since I came to Christ?
I must say that I have found my destiny and purpose in life as a humble teacher in a school. At least up till now, I still have the passion to make a difference in young students' life.
Here's my testimony of how I found my destiny as a teacher.
After my final year in NUS, I was rather unsure of my future. Though I took single major in Economics, I did not do well and I don't have any special skills or interests. I am just a very simple person with no ambition. I sought the Lord by prayer and fasting at that time because the word of the Lord came to me: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."
It was also a time when I met with an emotional bad patch. If I don't remember wrongly, that was also a time when I received the burden to get baptised. I had a deep longing to have holy communion as I was listening to The Lord's Prayer song. Back to the story of receiving my calling...
My initial repulsion to teaching became 'God might want me to consider it'.
I was like Gideon, testing God by asking for 2 things.
1) God must let me enter the June intake in NIE. (I dunno wanna look for jobs outside)
2) I felt that I should go to the Primary intake instead of the Secondary intake which I initially opted for, so I asked God to intervene in my application.
Can you imagine that on interview day, the first question posed to me was, "We decided to put you in the primary intake, do you mind?" Of course, I don't mind. God wanted me to go there!
It was only after my second year that I started believing that teaching is my destiny. Now, I have taught for almost 6 years and I am even enjoying it more. Praise God for sustaining me! And I also thank God for directing me in this career. Now, I even started having a firm vision of my future in the teaching profession for the next 5 years.
My prayer, O Lord is for humility to be with me always and I ask for your continued favour. Grant me the favour of men too.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment